ADVICE TO POLITICIANS!
Published by: Lagos A to Z
If you are a politician, this is my advice: Be like Tinubu, “The Jagaban.”
1. Prof Yemi Osinbajo, SAN was Tinubu’s Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice. He is today, Nigeria’s Vice President.
2. Rauf Aregbesola was Tinubu’s Commissioner for Works. Today he is serving his second tenure as Governor of Osun State.
3. Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN was Tinubu’s Chief of Staff and successor in office. He is today Nigeria’s Minister of Power, Works and Housing.
4. Alhaji Lai Mohammed was Tinubu’s first Chief of Staff. He is today, Nigeria’s Minister of Information.
5. Babatunde Fowler was appointed by Tinubu as Chairman of the Lagos State Internal Revenue Service. Today, he is the Executive Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service. At the National Assembly, there are countless “Tinubu boys” who have occupied and are still occupying seats till today.
Since 1999, the Tinubu camp has produced almost 98% of the members of the National Assembly from Lagos State. Forget politics, this man is a political enigma.Rewind to 1999, I am sure most of us have forgotten the names of the People who were
elected Governors then. Some of them have gone out of circulation. Some are gasping for breath politically. Indeed, most of them are no longer relevant today.
Who still remembers Mbadinuju of Anambra State, Jolly Nyame of Taraba, Mohammed Lawal of Kwara, Segun Osoba of Ogun, Attahiru Bafarawa of Sokoto, Achike Udenwa of Imo, Victor Attah of Akwa Ibom, Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia? That one has lost two
consecutive senatorial elections. But Tinubu has not only managed to remain extremely relevant, he has continued to control Lagos politics 100%. Not only that, he manages to carry his boys along and today they occupy critical positions in
our national life.
Take it or leave it, Tinubu is today, Nigeria’s most powerful politician. It didn’t just happen by chance. He worked very hard for it. Very very hard. The hallmark of a true leader is not just the
ability to rule well but also the ability to nurture and groom his associates. The JAGABAN!!!