By: Bernard Light
Below are listed evidences that early Christians worshiped on sunday:
1. On the first day Jesus rose from the dead (Mk 16:9).
2. On the first day Jesus first appeared to his disciples (Mk 16:9).
3. On the first day Jesus met with the disciples at different places and repeatedly (Mk 16:9-11; Mt 28:8-10; Lu 24:34; Mk 16:12-13; Joh 20:19-23).
4. 4. On the first day Jesus blessed the disciples (Joh 20:19).
5. On the first day Jesus imparted to the disciples the gift of the Holy Spirit (Joh 20:22).
6. On the first day Jesus commissioned the disciples to preach the gospel to all the world (Joh 20:21; with Mk 16:9-15).
7. On the first day Jesus ascended to Heaven, was seated at the right hand of the Father and was made Head of all (Joh 20:17; Eph 1:20).
8. On the first day many of the dead saints arose from the grave (Mt 27:52-53).
9. The first day became the day of joy and rejoicing to the disciples (Joh 20:20; Lu 24:41).
10. On the first day the gospel of the risen Christ was first preached (Lu 24:34).
11. On the first day Jesus explained the Scriptures to the disciples (Lu 24:27,45).
12. On the first day the purchase of our redemption was completed (Rom 4:25).
13. On the first day the Holy Spirit descended (Act 2:1). Pentecost was on the 50th day after the sabbath following the wave offering (Le 23:15-16). Thus Pentecost was always on a Sunday.
14. The Christians met to worship on the first day (Act 20:6-7; 1Co 16:2).
Sunday is “The Lord’s Day”.