By: Theophilus Izobofolo
Don’t Let Your Bad Experience Become Your Limitation
So, ask yourself today, what is limiting me?
This is the message I listened to today from a preacher. And I feel I should share with you because I gained something from it and I believe you too can.
In making your life count, he talked about four things which I will share here.
(1) Study: For you to be a master in your field, you need to study. Studying should be a thing you do always if you want to make an impact in your life and your environment.
In opening a new business the best thing to do before starting is to study the business in and out. Know the challenges facing such business, know what others are already doing in the business, know your competition, know the potential risk or hazard in such business.
Having all these knowledge about that business will give you an edge in creating a Unique Selling Point.
(2) Do little things well: ”Doing little things well is a path of getting greater things done”.
If you cannot run a small business well, you cannot run a multinational company. Some will say I will be a better boss if I am the CEO of Microsoft…..”LIE” If you cannot be the better boss now in a business of N100,000 you cannot even get to the level of becoming the CEO of a multibillion dollars company….Simple
(3) Be stable: ”Stability is key to succeeding” an unstable person can’t succeed because he or she doesn’t have a base.
Dictionary definition of stability……(The quality of being enduring and free from change or variation).
Going by this definition, it means that for you to succeed in business, you must have a base. You must not allow situations and people to push you around. You must know what you want to do, how you want to do it and when you want to do it. There will be challenges, there will be pressure and there will be failure but you have to be steadfast and endure through it all.
(4) Stop procrastinating: Stop saying I will do it tomorrow.
What else are you waiting for to start your business? STOP Procrastinating……..just START
(1) “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas Edison
(2) “Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” – Albert Einstein
(3) “As long as you’re going to be thinking anyway, think big.” – Donald Trump
(4) “Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
(5) ”Genius is 1% inspiration, and 99% perspiration.” – Thomas Edison
(6) “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain
(1) Pastor Femi Monehin
(2) Entrepreneurial Conners
Other related articles: